Sunday, March 8, 2009

LONG SILENCE

BismiLLAH.
Peace and blessings upon the best of mankind and those who follow his blessed path.
SubhanALLAH, ever since I left mauritania to Damascus few months back, I have been trying to post messages of some of my beautiful adventures in the beautiful desert land; meeting with Shaykh Murabit al Haaj, sitting under the tutelage of the great gnostic, Shaykh Muhammad Hassan al Khadim the Commentator of the Purification of the heart, spending time meeting some other wonderful people and most wonderful my time spent sitting with the venerable scholars of Nabbaghiyyah.

I took so many pictures, recorded so many lessons that I had in fiqh, Nahwu, etc and thought it would be nice to share it with dear brothers and sisters who have had no opportunity but only dream to visit this beautiful land where ilm is still preserved in its best form. Unfortunately, the same day I arrived Damascus, the brother who picked me from the airport parked by a masjid for us to preform the jumu'ah solah. After our solah, we came down to the car only to find out that the car was burgled and all that I had of mauritania was history. My laptop was taken and our phone was supported to the laptop.

My dream of wanting to post all of the Mauritania memories left me that day. Was I sad or happy? At that moment, I wasn't. I won't say what happened later. Apart from that, since I came back, I have not had the opportunity to open this blog since the authority here has put a hold to opening of blog links and Youtube. AlhamduliLLAH after following my dear friend Waathiq to this cafe I hardly come, I found out that I can read and post on this blog without stress.

This luck only came to me because of this blessing of this month. Indeed as we know, this is the month that the light of ALLAH shone upon us and still remains a shining light in our hearts. It is this month that the best of mankind was born, the true path of guidance was given to us with ease, etc.

Indeed, this is a month that we should all engage in sending solah and salaam on him, read the Qur'an, give charity even a smile could be one, fast, read the burdahs.

Insha ALLAH, I will in my subsequent posts mention to you my meeting with the great WALI of ALLAH: Murabit al Haaj, the meeting of my venerable teach Shaykh Muhammad Faal with Sayyid Shaykh Muhammad al Ya'qubi when he came to Damascus for a visit to some sites and also get some books for his wonderful big desert library.

Remind me in your duas and I pray that ALLAH gives us victory over those who plan evil against the UMMAH.

Like I will say, we need to return back to the root " Seek ilm". Ignorance and arrogance are not excuses on the day of Qiyaamah.

Was salaamu alaykum.


Shahr al mubarak.

No comments: